My rooster is not well

Please i beg every one of you to tell me what to do now, i cannot think straight anymore, my heart is beating so dash I don't want to lose him

this is one he was one year young
Now he's one 2 years & 5 months young
Can you tell me how long his breed lives?

I've never seen anyone give that to a chicken, but it must be related to lincomycin, I'd guess. I just really don't know the dosage on that. The lincomycin dosage given to me by the person who sent me the antibiotic was 1/10 cc, but I can't say for sure on your med you have there.
@casportpony any ideas?

Honey, if you want me to see your post, you'd have to either use the "@" symbol then begin typing my name, which will show up in blue, or quote me and I'd be notified, but I just happened to see this today. On any of my posts, like this one, you just click QUOTE in the bottom right corner. A new window will show up with what I've said in a quote box and then you can write your post below that. That way, I get an email that tells me someone quoted me and I'll get here sooner.

As far as how long a Leghorn lives, it varies. I've never had a rooster live longer than 6yrs and 7 months old, but that one had a flock his entire life, so a more stressful environment, watching over his hens, keeping them safe from predators.

Last edited:
I've never seen anyone give that to a chicken, but it must be related to lincomycin, I'd guess. I just really don't know the dosage on that. The lincomycin dosage given to me by the person who sent me the antibiotic was 1/10 cc, but I can't say for sure on your med you have there.
@casportpony
any ideas?

Honey, if you want me to see your post, you'd have to either use the "@" symbol then begin typing my name, which will show up in blue, or quote me and I'd be notified, but I just happened to see this today.  On any of my posts, like this one, you just click QUOTE in the bottom right corner. A new window will show up with what I've said in a quote box and then you can write your post below that. That way, I get an email that tells me someone quoted me and I'll get here sooner.

As far as how long a Leghorn lives, it varies. I've never had a rooster live longer than 6yrs and 7 months old, but that one had a flock his entire life, so a more stressful environment, watching over his hens, keeping them safe from predators.

I have lost hope, it's morning here 8:57 am he was sleeping with me tonight because of his night behavior I was worried so I didn't sleep i watched him a night he didn't open his eye he didn't crow this morning & then now I noticed his eyes were stick together
I'm crying I lost hope

I have lost hope, it's morning here 8:57 am he was sleeping with me tonight because of his night behavior I was worried so I didn't sleep i watched him a night he didn't open his eye he didn't crow this morning & then now I noticed his eyes were stick together
I'm crying I lost hope

Did you clean out his eyes? If his comb flops over an eye, it will foam up and get bacteria in it. I have one older hen who tore the back of her comb a few years ago and it has flopped over one eye ever since, inputting bacteria constantly and irritating it. I've done antibiotics, both injectibles and eye ointments and it was just chronic. So, now that eye is closed, probably permanently. The only thing I could possibly have done is actually cut off that part of her comb that was causing it. She is quite old, 8 years old, but she seems to see okay out of the other eye.

My point is that you must be cleaning out that junk in his eyes. If you have to give the antibiotic, that's fine, but the eyes must be cleaned out.

8 years old, that's amazing & I can see how much hard you've done there. Can I see a picture of your hen? I'm so glad that she's fine with one eye. :)
tho my baby's comb is very big & it's also very fat, and you can tell just by looking at him that he's in so pain I'm sure he have headache all the time & he cannot look up, so I don't think cutting it would be a good idea? also his that eye is closed not fully, but he can still see a little from it, i cleaned it today but I've nothing to use on his eyes, can you tell me what should i use for his eye? & please also tell me that the picture I sent you of the antibiotic that I'm giving him, can I continue giving it to him? i mean I'm not sure if it's the right one? Can you please tell me? & I'm scared because I think he's lazy because of the antibiotic

Back
Top Bottom