My rooster is pecking and fighting with the hens

Do you have a pic of your boy? I'm supprised he's tried mating this soon. Mine must be real wimpy lol
hide.gif

Our 18 week old roo keeps getting chased off by the older hens. He hasn't tried with the ones his own age yet. It's pretty funny to watch the older hens run him off! "None of that from you, you young whippersnapper!"

Katy

Quote:
Dot on the head? New to chickens too! I've got two like this one. One is obviously a roo the other I'm just not sure. But the obvious roo chases the questionable one and is very aggressive towards it. One is quite content to be away from all the rest and will only go back in the coop very late. This is a recent behavior with them. I also have a banty roo that works with the obvious rooster against the questionable one. Any idea what's up with these birds?

Quote:
Dot on the head? New to chickens too! I've got two like this one. One is obviously a roo the other I'm just not sure. But the obvious roo chases the questionable one and is very aggressive towards it. One is quite content to be away from all the rest and will only go back in the coop very late. This is a recent behavior with them. I also have a banty roo that works with the obvious rooster against the questionable one. Any idea what's up with these birds?

The dot on the head was when they first hatched. The white eventually spread. Here is a link with some inof about sex;links
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/blacksexlinkpage.html

Back
Top Bottom