My rooster runs sideways!

@Krystal1983 I found with my one rooster, who did the dance towards me, that if I kept after him he didn’t attack. He would attack others, like my mom, and dance towards them before hand. But I never let his dance get farther than a side step. If he side stepped me I side stepped him back and it usually ended in me picking him up. He knew if he danced at me he got picked up. He hated being picked up so it worked out.

@Krystal1983 I found with my one rooster, who did the dance towards me, that if I kept after him he didn’t attack. He would attack others, like my mom, and dance towards them before hand. But I never let his dance get farther than a side step. If he side stepped me I side stepped him back and it usually ended in me picking him up. He knew if he danced at me he got picked up. He hated being picked up so it worked out.
I think my roo doesn't want to be picked up either because he always runs off if I step towards him and crouch like I am gonna pick him up. Lol Good to hear that worked for you. I am hoping I have the same results long term. He seems to be afraid of my toddlers luckily. Probably because they roar at him if he gets close. Its so funny. They are like I scare, mom. Which normally I wouldn't like, but since he is trying to boss them, I think in this case its a good thing. My kids dont have any fear. Lol

I think my roo doesn't want to be picked up either because he always runs off if I step towards him and crouch like I am gonna pick him up. Lol Good to hear that worked for you. I am hoping I have the same results long term. He seems to be afraid of my toddlers luckily. Probably because they roar at him if he gets close. Its so funny. They are like I scare, mom. Which normally I wouldn't like, but since he is trying to boss them, I think in this case its a good thing. My kids dont have any fear. Lol
I hope you have the same the results too. Just as a word of warning… When it comes to small children and roosters be careful. Roosters are bred, for lack of a better word, to chase fast and loud things. Small children are both of these. I wouldn’t leave the rooster and small children unattended. Even if he was the nicest rooster around. I wouldn’t do it. I have a rooster who lets my children, 9 years old, handle him and that makes me weary.
I’m glad your children aren’t afraid of him though. Keep telling them they’re the boss and stay with them when theyre with the rooster. The roosters behavior could get worse. I do hope he doesn’t attack though and you can keep him as a nice rooster.

Is my rooster trying to act big and scary or something? Lol Sometimes he will run sideways towards me like he thinks he is gonna scare me. But I just say to him "What do you think your doing?" And usually laugh a little and if I act like I am gonna pick him up he runs off. Anyone else have rooster/roosters who do this?
yeah...he sees you as a potential mate and he's putting on the show for you. He's a bit confused. We had a polish who did that too. He'd do the harlem shuffle and drop one wing and trip over his wing feathers. It was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom