My rooster stopped crowing?

Hard to say. He doesnt look like he feels well, that's for sure. My rooster Zane stopped crowing for month and a half when he had an infection in the soft tissue around the hock joint. His comb shrank and curled over and he seemed depressed. With antibiotics to treat the infection, he got better. Have you checked his joints, etc, for swelling? Are they hot to the touch? I really dont know much to tell you except by my experience, but maybe you can get one of those vets on the list I gave you.

What if the roosters joints are hot to the touch? What does that mean? My rooster was crowing when i kept him inside until he got his feathers then i put him outside with two pullets and hasn't crowed since he has been outside. What could be the matter?

My rooster wattles and comb also went darker and he is not crowing... I have introduced some scrambled eggs, oregano freshly chopped leaves, some boiled rice, crushed garlic, little tumeric powder and dash of black pepper this morning. I am praying his crow will return. He is coughing as well.

Back
Top Bottom