My rooster suddenly started attacking!!

My main rooster, a big boy,View attachment 2618981 was very aggressive and would always try to sneak attack from the side or behind. I tried the pecking with fingers thing, holding him down to dominate him, spraying him with a spritz bottle, kicking at him, flailing a towel at him... Eventually, I had enough and as he charged me, I decided to kick him. Hard. Part of me thought "it might kill him" while another part said "I hope it DOES". I caught him with a full strength kick like I was trying for a field goal and I thought for sure I'd just sent him to the crock pot.

Not only did he live, he turned into an excellent rooster. He gives ALL humans a 10-foot cushion, points out the tastiest treats to his girls, watches out for hawks and keeps the #2 rooster on his toes.
I'm glad that worked for you! He's a very pretty rooster.

The only rooster I've had that seemed to be pure evil was a miniature bantam. He would spur, and not just go for the legs, but aim for the head... I don't know what his problem was. Our full-size Easter Egger kept him in line, usually.

Awww he’s so cute!! I love the way he jumps on you when you tell him to!😂

how did you learn to train him like that?

I also how a bantam rooster that looks kinda like your rooster. Sadly, he got really bad frostbite which caused him to lose two toes😢 other than that he is a happy little boy who follows me (slowly) everywhere I go.
Here’s a picture of him 😁
Thank you! 😍 He will also jump on me when I don't ask, simply because he likes being around me. 😂

When he was a chick, every time he jumped to my arm, he got a mealworm. If I had to do it all over again, I'd only train him to do it because I don't want to have to sell them and worry that the new owner would turn the rooster into soup.

Awwwwwww he's adorable! 🤩 Sorry he lost two toes. Can he still scratch? Glad he's a happy boy!

Thank you! 😍 He will also jump on me when I don't ask, simply because he likes being around me. 😂

When he was a chick, every time he jumped to my arm, he got a mealworm. If I had to do it all over again, I'd only train him to do it because I don't want to have to sell them and worry that the new owner would turn the rooster into soup.

Awwwwwww he's adorable! 🤩 Sorry he lost two toes. Can he still scratch? Glad he's a happy boy!
Aww that’s so cute! I hope I can train my 9 week old roo just like yours! 😁

I hope you never have to sell him, so he can be your best buddy forever!

Thank you!!🥰 Yes he can still scratch. He walks slowly and the only time he runs is when I show him the mealworm bag😂

Aww that’s so cute! I hope I can train my 9 week old roo just like yours! 😁

I hope you never have to sell him, so he can be your best buddy forever!

Thank you!!🥰 Yes he can still scratch. He walks slowly and the only time he runs is when I show him the mealworm bag😂
Me too! I might have to sell another of his brothers though. They decided they now hate each other. The killer gnats started biting them and they thought the other rooster was doing it. 😩 Both of them got really irritated at me too but I think I'd be irritated too if I had just been swarmed by a bunch of killer gnats.

I hope you can train him too! 😍

How cute! Mealworms are worth running for. 😂

I do the side eye thing and stamp my feet and shuffle towards them. It worked with 4/5 cockerels I had. All four of those were taken by a predator.

The remaining one became quite aggressive after I moved the hens in with him. Pecking me if I came near him and would block me from the hens. I used gloves and long sleeves. Picked him up and kneeled and pushed his head down between two knuckles and held him there for a few minutes. Seemed to calm him down. I am not hurting him while doing this.

There are a couple YouTube videos of this method.
Thank you for your advice! I will try this as soon as I can for sure! I’ll try to keep updating

Back
Top Bottom