my rooster

lhiggins80

In the Brooder
May 30, 2020
A while ago I came out to take care of my chickens and I noticed my roosters comb was like a weird purple, blue. So I got onto this site to try and figure it out and I think it was just the blue comb disease, but my rooster is just fine, but it comes back and then it goes away for a little bit. It was a while ago that I first noticed his comb. I asked a vet and she said he looks like a very healthy rooster. But I am still confused about his comb🤔

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Can you post some photos when you notice his comb turning a bit blue?

Could be from lack of oxygen or hormones rooster. Combs can change colors quickly. If he's acting fine, then I wouldn't really worry about. Provide fresh feed and water daily.
Take note of weather, activity, behavior, etc. when you notice the comb changing color, that may give you a clue as well.

I'm not sure about Blue Comb disease?
Here's some info on Blue Comb Disease:
https://thepoultrysite.com/disease-guide/pullet-disease-bluecomb-avian-monocytosis

lhiggins80

In the Brooder
May 30, 2020
Well my rooster is acting fine. When his comb has changed colors he is still acting fine. im not worried though. Im just really confused. I feel like it might be poor circulation.

Top Bottom