My runner ducks are HUGE!!!!! (pics)

patyrdz

The Madd Hatcher
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Southern Pines, NC
They are 12 days old, and today was their first trip outside. They played in the water, but the peacocks kept coming around and scared them!

23788_chickens_191.jpg

There were 7 of them watching the babies!!

23788_chickens_193.jpg

This is their ghetto pool!! LOL

23788_chickens_217.jpg

Quote:
Thank you! I love them so much. I am feeding them unmedicated chick starter. I have not given them anything else yet! Today they nibbled on the grass a little.
Boy those peacocks were a pain. Everytime the ducks started to have fun, they had to come investigate!

The peacocks probably feel this is their territory!! My friend has a peacock who visits all of the neighbors' houses and looks in their bathroom windows. Talk about nosey!!! He has caused more than one person to have apoplexy!

Quote:
LOL that is too funny. Mine don't terrorize the neighbors yet. They do jump on anything they can find to look in my windows!

My friend GAVE me a gorgeous juvenile peacock and he drowned...OR my pekin ducks killed him...not sure which happened. But I sure miss him. I just LOVE peacocks! Well, I can't wait to see if my runners are even HALF the size of your as 12 weeks. I doubt it!

Quote:
Aww I'm sorry! I hatched all mine last year. I can't wait till next year, and babies!!!! I saw that you have Sebbies, I tried to hatch two of them, and nothing. I was so sad.
hit.gif
I misted them and everything. I really want some. I might try again, I don't know.

You successfully hatched peacocks? I heard it was REALLY hard? I have two peacock eggs in my incubator right now. I was kind of writing them off because I heard it was impossible to hatch them. Then, I heard it was really hard to keep them alive.

I'll let you know if I get any of my Sebbie eggs to hatch..maybe I can ship a couple babies for you? Let's see what happens. I don't want to count my geese before they hatch.

That would be wonderful!
I could send you some peacocks too! If you want to wait till next year.LOL I hatched five out of the seven I have. I think I was able to hatch them because nobody TOLD me it was hard!
wink.png
I would love some of your sebbies (if they hatch)!
fl.gif

I have only had one peacock die,(except for the three killed by neighbors dogs) and he was one I got at a year old. I still don't know why he died. The peahen that was with him is still doing fine.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom