My school is not understanding

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
So my high school is full of up tight and stuck up people (teachers and kids) who do not like me being a farmer or driving a truck. They do not understand No Farms No Food! Being sick today is a nice break

I am with you about no farms no food. It's sad that people don't understand that concept.
he.gif

glad to see you are proud of being a farmer! not glad to see you are sick.
kids are rotten to each other. i drive school bus and i have high school kids, so i see everyday that they can be mean. but it is not tolerated around me.
anyway, when i was in high school, i was a want to be farmer. lol me and my girlfriend all dated a bunch of guys that worked at "the farm" we used to skip school to go hang out there and bale hay. i still do hay, but it isn't as fun as it was in highschool. now it is work and i have to do it for my horses. it wasn't work when we were all hanging out doing it. everyone would show up to do hay. now, i can get anyone to help put hay in. lol

LOL, it's a joke here that I'm the "redneck" teacher. I drive a big red Ford truck with a CB antenna on it and a horse trailer hitch. I have chickens, ducks, horses, dogs, cats, I work with the FFA, if the Science teachers have a question they see me. If someone's animal gets hurt or sick they call me. I'm lucky though, my district is huge and 75% is in the middle of New Mexico cotton and chili fields. Hang in there. I was the kid in boots and jeans who drove a truck to school and left early of Fridays for rodeos in other states.

As a teacher, I both sympathize with you but also understand the "other side."

Are you refusing to do assignments, acting out, or being rude because you don't think the work in school applies to your situation or career goals?

That is one way to build a reputation for being a bad student or a "troublemaker," and a reputation like that will precede that student as they go from class to class. There are some teachers (like me) who can take a student's reputation with a grain of salt and just treat people based on how they act in their classrooms alone...but not all teachers are like that.

I'm not accusing you of anything (definitely not!!), but I don't sympathize with people who are feeling attacked by a group until I know the whole story.

I'd rather help you solve any problems you have than join in dissing everyone at your school. Solving problems (if there are any) will make your life better.

First Time Farmer you ROCK!
wink.png
Enjoying life with your animals! You can't always please everybody. You'll be a much happier person for being yourself. The main thing is to study hard and get a good education while you're young. Then one day, you can have any type of career you desire. There are many agriculture degrees to enhance any farming career! There is certainly nothing whatsoever wrong with having a "farm life". After all, everybody eats and if it were not for the farmers then we all would starve. Sometimes others just don't understand. They're the ones that think eggs and milk come from the grocery store.....
gig.gif

Haha thats me the kid in carhartts and steel toe chippewa boots. And no i just keep my mouth shut unless some one is calling me a name. I dont have the grades to be a bad student lol I am also the kid who skips school to go to agi fairs lol some of my teachers are cool with it in fact some of them pay me to split wood or plow them out lol And i supose i can hang in here until i can go to college for agriculture

yeah my old school was like that too....that's why no one knew i love chickens and animals or they'd call me some names
smack.gif

So glad I had an Aggie HS to go to!

Got to plant and grow things. Take care of the animals and then even got to ride during school hours! Some days I rode during school and then came home tacked up and rode my own horses.
ahhh those were the days.

But college was a whole lot more fun.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom