my serama roo

Hello!

Wow! I had this question a few days ago and I was going to create a thread to ask if roosters will ever sit on eggs! I mean, I’m not sure if the hormone that causes broodiness is present in the male’s body, but other than that, the temperature that his body creates would be the same as a hen’s, right? So if he somehow sat on the eggs for no specific reason, would they hatch?

Thanks for telling us that your rooster is acting like this! This is very interesting to me…

Are you 100% sure that it’s a rooster? Could it possibly be a pullet that you’ve just never seen lay an egg?

That actually brings me to another question for anyone who might know the answer: Do pullets ever go broody?
my rooster sat on eggs for a month and showed my seabright how to sit and not eat the eggs. after about 30 days i checked there eggs and they were bad so i replaced the 3 eggs with 2 silkie eggs and a few days later they hatched. my rooster is taking care of 1 chick and lucy is taking care of the other, they both are doing really good at parenting.

My old Serama rooster- father of every Serama here, broods his 8 chicks- they are always up underneath him, the hen will be sitting by him with not one chick, and he has them all. He absolutely adores (for lack of a better word) being a father.

Attachments

• IMG_6003.JPG
    IMG_6003.JPG
    563.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6348.JPG
    IMG_6348.JPG
    823 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom