My Silkie hatched her ducklings this morning!!!!

kristenm1975

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Seattle, WA
wee.gif
: I went out to check on her and saw two tiny little heads popping out from under her wings! They are the most precious, beautiful things I've ever seen. This is my first hatch and I'm so happy with how it's turning out. She's a great momma, covering them up carefully, talking to them, pecking at me when I get too close.

I got to feel one of the eggs still under her and could feel some little feet in a shell that's half open, so I'm just going to wait it out and see how it goes. Its a shame that of all days for them to hatch, it's a chilly one. Supposed to get up to 72 at some point though so I guess I don't have to worry.

I'll post pics soon.

Last edited:
Pics! Here's the first one just hours after hatching and two more eggs ready to crack open:

13565_hatch_042.jpg

More coming! Have to download off the camera.

More, as promised:

13565_hatch2_010.jpg

The rest seem to be mostly videos, as it was very much a time to capture action. I'll be uploading those to youtube and will post links here.
smile.png

I'm so delighted that I had a 100% hatch rate and that they are all healthy and sweet. What adorable babies! The Silkie is a great mother, although I think she's a little worried about their fascination with their waterer.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom