My silkie rooster is out of control :-/

Mindi2020

Hatching
Aug 18, 2020
Hello, my name is mindi and I am new to the chicken and duck raising world. My mother in law got some chickens from a local store and one of them was a beautiful boy silkie, we named him Q-tip. Q-tip is now about 5 months old and he was always a gentle and nice man up until today. He has started attacking my mother in law, my man and myself. He waits until our backs are turned and runs at us and pecks us. My mother in law thinks there is something wrong with him (medically) because he is constantly twisting his neck and crows at all hours of the day, alot lol I think it's just hormonal myself. But we also used to have him in with our two peking ducks but the drake had starting picking on the silkie so we separated them the best to our abilities. Did the ducks behavior maybe make our silkie become mean? I just am not sure what's happening, please help :-/ he's too cute to have to rehome :-/

Hormones has turned your cute little fluff ball into a raging hormone filled stud muffin wanting to be boss of everyone. I personally have never had a friendly rooster so I'd rather not have one but others have successfully kept roosters. There are allot of articles on ways to attempt to try to live with raging roosters you can try but most end up re-homed or on the chopping block.

If you want to keep him just contain him where he can't attack anyone.

Back
Top Bottom