My Silver Laced Wyandotte Switcharoo Not A Switcharoo

Her legs and body are mostly black. The lighting in that room is terrible. We got the house in November and I haven't gotten round to getting rid of all the yellowy bulbs. I think she is gorgeous and sweet, no matter what she turns out to be. But, I will post pictures when she matures. They had SLW in the bin with Black Copper Marans. My TSC so far seems to know their birds. The lady who usually helps me is a chicken mom herself.

@2hotchicks

Your ladies are lovely. I have read the temperament is typical to breed, and so far it seems true.
Thank you & please keep us updated on your young lady

Here are some updated shots of her, in case anyone else has been reading. She is 5 weeks now, these are from her foray outside today. She is still black with gold and silver. She still isn't looking like a pure silver or gold wyandotte. I haven't been able to find anything like her in google.

SLW w5.jpg
slw w5b.jpg
slw w5c.jpg
slw w5d.jpg

She looks like she's probably a mix. It will be interesting to see how she looks once fully feathered out. There looks to be some GLW in there, mixed with what I don't know. She's going to be one of a kind!

I ended up with a switcharoo after all!

From the Silver Laced Wyandotte bin at TSC, it looks like I ended up with a Gold Laced Wyandotte, with very dark tones. We named her Penny. She seems more copper colored than gold. Also, even though she is 4 weeks younger than my ISA Browns, she is a good contender for largest hen most days. Very fluffy bird.

Here are some updated pictures of her.

At 9 weeks, she still had some white splashes.

SLW w9a.jpg
SLW w9b.jpg

But here at 14 weeks, she seems full blown goldish/copper Wyandotte. Her white touches are gone.

Penny 14w.jpg

I ended up with a switcharoo after all!

From the Silver Laced Wyandotte bin at TSC, it looks like I ended up with a Gold Laced Wyandotte, with very dark tones. We named her Penny. She seems more copper colored than gold. Also, even though she is 4 weeks younger than my ISA Browns, she is a good contender for largest hen most days. Very fluffy bird.

Here are some updated pictures of her.

At 9 weeks, she still had some white splashes.

View attachment 2325892View attachment 2325893

But here at 14 weeks, she seems full blown goldish/copper Wyandotte. Her white touches are gone.

View attachment 2325895
Didn’t see that coming! She’s gorgeous 🥰😍

Back
Top Bottom