1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My smart girl!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Bebe Brett, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Bebe Brett

Bebe Brett Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2009
    I came home after sundown and went out to close the hen house trapdoor. On opening the door, I found one of my girls on the windowsill. She had flown out of the run! I guess she was looking toi see why I had not done my job. I picked her up and took her in to the henhouse, carefully placing her on the roost. Half an hour later I heard a noise at the open window, and there she was, looking in! I had forgotten to close the trap door, and the girls would have been open to predators all night if she hadn't flown out of the pen again to tell me that I hadn'e done my job. How's that for a smart RIR?

2. SOchick

SOchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Good girl!!

3. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    That REALLY is one smart girl. Is there a light on out there for her to see where she's going?

Thanks for sharing.

4. Bebe Brett

Bebe Brett Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2009
    There was no light in the hen house, because it doesn't come on until 4.30am, but what she could see while I was away was the glow of the computer screen, and that was the closest she could get. Later, when I was at the computer, she came to the open window. I was alone in the house at the time, and the little noise scared me, I was relieved to see that it was her at the window.

5. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Oh how funny! Smart and she loves you! [​IMG]

6. swdunn0926

swdunn0926 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    Fayetteville
    And who says Lassie is smart...what Hennie Penny? Billy fell in the well?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by