My Son is Not a Graduate!! He's a .....

Quote:
The 2 that got certificates might have a learning disability and not be mentally handicapped!!! My daughter is in ESC and that was kinda mean!

Congrats on your son finishing school and getting his diploma!!!!

Last edited:
David, I don't think that semantics matters. It will soon be expressed as an acronym only anyway. Contact our number one NHN, maybe he can help.

Here "Completion" is for the kids that did ROTC, or a Job training type work. (example, the cooking or cabinet making classes held at the community ed building). by picking job training they get excused from taking the test to graduate. "Graduation" means the kid has passed the exit exam and stayed in regular classes. There are some kids who are short credits who walk the cerimony, but then have to report back to summer school before they get the diplomia, many don't.

Either way it's 1 graduation cerimony, just different papers.

Quote:
The 2 that got certificates might have a learning disability and not be mentally handicapped!!! My daughter is in ESC and that was kinda mean!

No, in my case these kids were truly mentally handicapped, not just learning disabled. I knew them personally - they had the mentality of a small child and serious mental and physical limitations.

By no means did I mean to imply that all kids in EC classes are incapable of earning a full diploma but in the case of these two specific kids in my graduating class they were clearly mentally disabled.

Quote:

No, in my case these kids were truly mentally handicapped, not just learning disabled. I knew them personally - they had the mentality of a small child and serious mental and physical limitations.

By no means did I mean to imply that all kids in EC classes are incapable of earning a full diploma but in the case of these two specific kids in my graduating class they were clearly mentally disabled.

Oh,gottcha....
hide.gif

Ok... here's a question rather then a response....

Is he 'completing' a certificate or is this his actual high school 'graduation'? What kind of ceremony is it?!

I graduated to get my degree in college, and my high school diploma or course.... but I received a certificate for completing an additional graphic design course that wasn't actually a degree program too... I don't think there was a 'graduation' for that.

So like I said, is this just for the CAD program its for, or his entire high school graduation.... if so.... complain to the school.... high school graduation and college graduation are a HUGE deal... especially these days with all the drop outs!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Completer"?????????? WTC!! First, graduate has a nice ring to it, and would you like Tim to be called a completer, or a graduate??? Completer sounds very... dumbed down and socalistic and idiotic. While graduate is a "CONGRATS!! You graduated from highschool/college/grad school!!!! Go you! Now get that diploma, eat that celebratory meal, and go get that job!!!"

rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom