My 'son' is out of control.

ChelleEnchanted

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Ohio
So, I was about to toss all of my eggs as you all know last week, but I surprisingly had a single chick hatch out on day 23.

I'm going insane.
lol.png

He's gotten to the point where he screams if i'm not near him. He only eats if i 'peck' the food with my fingers. He chases me around my room when he finds his way out of the brooder.

I have a feather duster in his brooder box, to imitate a hen. He liked it for a good 5 minutes.
roll.png

The past two nights i've had to sleep with him tucked under my chin, i'm scared i'm going to roll over on him.

I've tried ignoring him, but he peeps so loud. If I don't let him sleep with me, I don't get to sleep at all.

barnie.gif

Somebody fix this thing.

Got a feed store or someone nearby with new chicks? If so you can get it some friends.

Otherwise, stuff some pillows under both sides so you don't roll.

Matt

I think it is just too cute! I agree he needs a friend, but......

I had a chick I hatched in embrology class in college. I brought her back to my dorm room. When I went to go to bed she peeped so loud! My roommate did not like this apparently and said to shut the thing up or she would! I took her out of the box and into bed with me. She got quiet so I put her back. More loud peeping. Finally I took her in bed with me and she slept every night for about 2 or3 weeks between my neck and my hair on my shoulder! I never rolled on her, hurt her, and she was happy sleeping with mama! I also never had a poop on me when I woke up! I loved that chicken and I had her a long time. Followed me everywhere! But I liked it!

Where in Ohio are you ? I have a 3 1/2 week old banty runt that i can borrow you or some regular 31/2 week old bantys or you can have a free same aged golden laced polish (prob. a roo)which is on the low end of the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom