My split black/lav Orps from the Hinkles!

DutchChic

Chick Charmer
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
NE Oklahoma
I finally have my new computer on-line, and can share some pics of my beautiful split black/lav Orps I won on Eggbid. This is Sonny and Cher, the first pair I won. I won a second pair, 2 pullets named Laverne and Shirley, but don't have any pics of them at the moment. I'll have to get some later. The first 3 should be of Sonny, and the others are Cher. At the time, they had only been here a couple of days and were still a bit shy. She wouldn't stand for any pics...lol. I have to say, these guys are in keeping with the typical Orp personality....all 4 are very quiet and easy going! They have grown a lot in the month(?) that I've had them. I sure hope I have this upload thing right! Enjoy!

11427_borderrooresize.jpg

11427_borderroo2resize.jpg

11427_sonnyresize.jpg

11427_henborderresize.jpg

11427_henborder2resize.jpg

P.S. THANK YOU AGAIN, JODY AND CHARLIE!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey those look mighty fermilar and looking real good might i say
ya.gif
...Cant wait till they start laying for ya...your gonna be upto your briches in lavender chicks,, thanks for sharing...we will be adding some of our split pic's soon and you can see just how huge our big black roo is already..he is a gaint of an orp..Heavy in green sheen...Once the pens are all straightend out we will load some...

Charlie

Awww, it's so nice to see them growing out. Thanks for sharing pics. Have fun with them!
smile.png

Jody

My flash was too bright and washed them out a lot. I tried a light background, but it was really bad. All 4 of the birds are very black with pretty beetle green sheen on them. And of course, Sonny's comb is very dark red. Yep...I'm waiting on those first eggs to start coming, but won't be till Dec/Jan.
wee.gif
Then I hope the percentages are on my side and I get a good number of lav out of the hatches...
big_smile.png

You'll have to take some recent pics. I would love to see how green they are getting. Our older ones have so much green sheen, you barely notice they're black. I hope the percentages are on your side too.
jumpy.gif

Jody

Quote:
I have a couple of group shots I took the same evening of the splash/blue's, but I don't think they really show the green. I'll try this afternoon, if this overcast weather lets up any. The problem is, I have them penned pretty tight, temporarily. I am almost done with my new coop and run and then I can stand and get better candid shots...lol.

Hi DutchChic, here are a few photo's of Big Bear~ Bear for short(Big Black Cockerel) and
Lucas(lavender cockerel) and Company(pullets). I will also up date a photo of Lester the Lavender Roo when he is done molting..

However it was pretty shady when i took the pic's so its tough to see the green on them. However i'l try another day to get better pic's. The black cockerel is younger than the lavender cockerel and much bigger in size..We looked at our Buff Orp hens and all the young split pullets are bit bigger to, which they should have better weight anyway then the buffs orps.

The splits are gonna be real nice when fully mature..

blackroo029.jpg

blackroo031.jpg

blackroo026.jpg

flag002.gif

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
Okay...here are the pics I took the other night. I think you can see a bit of the green sheen on Sonny. He actually has more sheen showing right now than the pullets do. It was really overcast today, and I'm totally shaded by a canopy of trees so it was too dark to take any new pics yet.
Sonny is as big as my splash roo who is 5 weeks younger. I am expecting this group to be pretty large, compared to all my other Orps. Have you ever gotten a weight on Lester?

This is Sonny, with one of the girls behind him.
11427_sonnypenresizedb.jpg

A couple of the girls, being a bit shy.
11427_henspenresizedb.jpg

Sonny, with Cher, Laverne and Shirley....his lovely girls! Sonny is the second one on the right. Cher is up on the crate...she is the only pullet with white tips on a couple of her wing feathers.
11427_sonnyandhensresizedb.jpg

Thanks for the pics Charlie!

Back
Top Bottom