My sweet Barred Rock, Amy Farrah Fowler šŸ„°

MeeMawsChicks

Songster
Jun 18, 2021
S.E. Ohio
This is my sweetheart Amy Farrah Fowler. I love her so much. Back in May 2021, my brother and I ordered our chicks from a hatchery together in one order. We were each supposed to get a Barred Rock.... buuuuttttt.... He asked me to keep his for a couple weeks until he got back from a trip. Well, I had picked my (BR) out and did my utmost best to NOT get attached to any of his!!
Well, as it turned out, the two BRā€™s became a pair, so I basically stole my brotherā€™s chicken. To be fair, I did go to Rural King and I bought him a BR and a Buff Brahma a week later and I was going to get myself a White Crested Black Polish chicken and he said that would be cool to have, so I bought two.... weellll.... you see, thereā€™s a problem with that. In my way of thinking, they really should come in pairs. I told my brother that I should probably keep both of the Polish chickens as well, just for their safety so that his mature chickens wouldnā€™t kill them.... well, itā€™s the truth!
121904E5-AE6A-4FDA-BEDD-E478216AA48E.jpeg

Awwwww sheā€™s adorable! I think like that too:lau rural king always has so many choices
Thanks! I bought two Brahmas (one for my brother) from there at the same time I bought the two Polish chickens and the extra Barred Rock. They had a lot of other breeds as well. Iā€™m glad I already had the list of which ones and how many I would allow myself to get šŸ˜‚. As it turned out, even though they were only a week older, the chicks I had gotten in the mail were too aggressive to integrate the second batch I bought. My husband ended up building a separate brooder for them. He built the two Polish and the Brahma their own apartment in the coop with their own exit door into a separate pen. Talk about SPOILED!

Thanks! I bought two Brahmas (one for my brother) from there at the same time I bought the two Polish chickens and the extra Barred Rock. They had a lot of other breeds as well. Iā€™m glad I already had the list of which ones and how many I would allow myself to get šŸ˜‚. As it turned out, even though they were only a week older, the chicks I had gotten in the mail were too aggressive to integrate the second batch I bought. My husband ended up building a separate brooder for them. He built the two Polish and the Brahma their own apartment in the coop with their own exit door into a separate pen. Talk about SPOILED!
Awwww, why have them if you canā€™t spoil them?:lau

Back
Top Bottom