My three months broilers are not eating

My emotion will never stop me from appreciating excellent attentions from you all. Cheers!!

Conditions now really worst. I had hardly panicked but I'm close to breaking now, seems all's failed me with regional medications over here Nigeria!
1) not eaten for 5 days now
2) all fats are gone. Really lean now
3) 70 percent look very much pitiable now as they buck even with the extreme heat season over here.
4) brownish and whitish watery stooling
5) very much away from market price weight even at this stage
6) please my breed is AgricTech (Nigerian)
7) I tried treating with
a) supper appetizer
b) multivitamins
c) deworming
d) general digestive tract treatment though
e) feeding with BREED WELL now but started with VITAL FEEDS STARTER AND GROWER
8) worst scenario THEY SLEEP STAND EVEN COOL NIGHTS OR
WORM DAY
9) look shabbily cold in all this heart times lol
10) only 17 pieces out of the surviving 179 (200 before brooding) are feeding with average and eatable amount of flesh!

Please bear with my lack of fluent English manners!
Help is really needed as most of this animals are already booked and paid for by commercials!!!

My emotion will never stop me from appreciating excellent attentions from you all. Cheers!!

Conditions now really worst. I had hardly panicked but I'm close to breaking now, seems all's failed me with regional medications over here Nigeria!
1) not eaten for 5 days now
2) all fats are gone. Really lean now
3) 70 percent look very much pitiable now as they buck even with the extreme heat season over here.
4) brownish and whitish watery stooling
5) very much away from market price weight even at this stage
6) please my breed is AgricTech (Nigerian)
7) I tried treating with
a) supper appetizer
b) multivitamins
c) deworming
d) general digestive tract treatment though
e) feeding with BREED WELL now but started with VITAL FEEDS STARTER AND GROWER
8) worst scenario THEY SLEEP STAND EVEN COOL NIGHTS OR
WORM DAY
9) look shabbily cold in all this heart times lol
10) only 17 pieces out of the surviving 179 (200 before brooding) are feeding with average and eatable amount of flesh!

Please bear with my lack of fluent English manners!
Help is really needed as most of this animals are already booked and paid for by commercials!!!

So I did some research and from what I found, AgriTech in Nigeria sells the Cobb 308 line of broilers - oftentimes on this website all strains of broiler are just lumped together as Cornish Cross.

I checked the feed out and it looks like an appropriate ration, so no issues I can think of there.

At 12 weeks I'd expect most broilers of that sort to have dropped dead of overeating - undereating isn't something I've seen before in that breed.

Can you tell me if they are actually not eating (not consuming food) or are eating but losing weight anyways?

Have you treated for Coccidiosis? Their symptoms sound like some produced by certain strains of Cocci.

Do you have any local bird/chicken veterinarians? Since you seem to be doing this for commercial purposes, the most economical thing to do might be to humanely cull (kill) one of the birds and have it necropsied by a vet.

Very much great full to God for your time. Working on your advice ...get back to you with result soon. Cheers!

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

I got a local veterinarian and his prescriptions but feeders still contain more than half of the feed served by 05:55 am today and it's 09:00 pm already.

Worst yet ...!!

I'm most honored n ready to embrace the love here. Thanks once more ...with all my aves problems, I still feel so much love here. Thanks to all big hearted friends all over my thread here.

Improvements, eating a bit at least. But how do I get maximum weight from them?
Thanks in anticipations of your prompt and favourable response!

What is the age of the chickens? Have they had all their shots? Is your water clean and do you clean their feeders every time you feed and fill the water feeders? If so, you should consult your vet. Either way you should consult your vet. They die really quick if they get sick.

Thank a lot. I told you that I'm in a good circle of pals. My birds okay now. Save just 4 or 5 so ts a lot of improvement now.
Birds are very much with excellent weight too.
I wish I can pay all for the love and your time here. God bless you.

Cure looked odd but worked.
I can't thank you enough for just your time to read me out ...cheers!

Thank a lot. I told you that I'm in a good circle of pals. My birds okay now. Save just 4 or 5 so ts a lot of improvement now.
Birds are very much with excellent weight too.
I wish I can pay all for the love and your time here. God bless you.

Cure looked odd but worked.
I can't thank you enough for just your time to read me out ...cheers!

Glad your birds are doing well! Just curious - what illness did the vet say they had?

Back
Top Bottom