My toddler unplugged my incubator!!

Quote:
You realize he will find that as a challenge that he MUST conquer!!!
lau.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I agree, they should be ok. Also? This actually happened to me last week. It was so. very. gross.
sickbyc.gif

Luckily they were quitters I was discarding, not live ones, and my kid really likes baths.

should be okay had a bulb burn out the temp was down too 20 C [low 70's] the hatch was spread out over 48 hours but all were fine I just had too have a mini brooder to give the late arrivals time to gain enough strengh to compete with the others. one day was all they needed, just something to watch for

What everyone else said--should be fine.

I have a mischievous toddler too (almost 3 now, though, and getting better--but he still has his moments). He's raised so much mayhem of this sort. We finally put up permanent baby-gates (fashioned from an old door stored in the garage) over the bottom portion of the doors into the room where the incubators and science experiments are kept. That has helped immensely, but he still gets in there and does stuff.

He drives me crazy with the electrical outlets. I had to give up on my fish tank because he was constantly unplugging it and nothing I did kept him away from it. I know some people will say he should be supervised every waking moment, and that would certainly help, but it's really not that easy. One day I was out shopping with my aunt & asked her to watch him for a second while I made a purchase. He was at my feet & in the split moment that she looked away, he was sticking sticks into the store's outlet. Scary. My other two were always really respectful of things I told them were dangerous, but he just isn't. He's been a challenge.

Anyway--good luck with finding a way to keep him away from that, lol! And good luck on your hatch. I wouldn't worry--you should be fine.
smile.png

Thanks everybody! I candled tonight and everything is still alive....whew! So, hopefully everything else will go as planned! Most normally my daughter doesn't mess with the outlets and electrical cords but you just never know what they will do when you blink your eyes!

Back
Top Bottom