My Tractor (Pict heavy)

Sweet, You inspire me to make one
smile.png

This is a NICE tractor. I am going to show it to my husband.

You said that you would do a few things differently? What exactly? I want one JUST like this one and any advice would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have missed a few things but I think this is most of it.
2 sheets 1/2 inch plywood @11.27
14 pressure treated 2x2 @2.97
4 2x3 @2.24
1 box 2 in screws @5.97
1 1 inch x 36 inch dowel @3.98
1 30 inch hinge @7.98 I cut 8 inches off for the draw bridge and the rest for the lid of the nesting boxes
3 gate hooks @ 1.13
1 36x50 inch Poultry netting @ 24.97
2 pieces of 2x4 36 inches @.50 (I found these in the scrap bin at Home Builders)
1 hinge set @ 3.69 (for the roof)
1 4x4 cedar post for the axle (free I had it in the barn)
Wheels also in barn
roofing siding also in barn
paint free given by a friend
I also used a few different nails and some other stuff a bit of para cord and a pulley and some eyelets to raise and lower the rear door. A handle for the slide out tray a bit of scrap wood for the rod that holds the roof up when open. the basic frame is 3x8 the run side is 5 ft long the coop side is 3 feet.

Shelleypg19 well first of all like I said I am not a carpenter the worst mistake I made was I "eyeballed" a few of the cuts I made early on and I did not make sure everything was square before screwing it. So by the time I got halfway done nothing matched up so from then on every piece had to be custom fit to it's spot. That took a lot of time. Also it is a little heavy I would use maybe 1/4 inch plywood instead to save on weight. Remember to always use the #1 rule measure twice cut once if my cuts were a little better I might have saved some cash on the job I did have a bit of waste.

Wow, I love this little tractor! I want one! One thing at a time, gotta finish the big coop first. But definitely bookmarking this thread for my next project. Thanks! Great job!

I would love to build one of these for my 2 New Hamshire Reds. How big would it need to be to be comfortable? I can't get any more chickens because these 2 are already under the radar. I love your design though and would like to replicate on a smaller scale.

Back
Top Bottom