My Turkey has a growth or something

TerriL

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Holden, Missouri
Hello, My Turkey has a strange growth. He has had allergies for a few years now that I give him Steroids for when they flair up. He came up with something new today under his beak where all the pretty folds of skin or whatever is today he has like a long pouch and inside is a blob and the blob is not loose in there it is attached. to the side. Anyone ever have anything like this? Thanks for any help. Terri

Logic is good. Its just a mystery it just appeared. I have never really seen waddles on my Turkeys of course with all the stuff they have under there necks its hard to see anything. I thought maybe my guys got in a fight. They light to grab onto each other and pull the other down the stairs and maybe one grabbed the skin under the neck and pulled something loose. I am hoping someone has had this show up I really cannot afforad a vet bill right now unless I just have to.

If its been pulled loose it could be herniated I think it would be worse looking to have one of those Hernia straps holding his waddle up LOL.
I am just kidding if he is eating and acting alright I would not worry about it seance its been a long term thing.

Just keep watching him.

Good Luck

Well Frank it just worried me since it just happened a few days ago but I tend to agree with you I just dont know what the Half of golf ball blob inside the pouch. I guess unless someone comes up with some bad information I will just wait and see. Thanks Terri

Back
Top Bottom