My Turkey has a growth or something

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by TerriL, Nov 18, 2012.

1. TerriL

TerriL Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    Hello, My Turkey has a strange growth. He has had allergies for a few years now that I give him Steroids for when they flair up. He came up with something new today under his beak where all the pretty folds of skin or whatever is today he has like a long pouch and inside is a blob and the blob is not loose in there it is attached. to the side. Anyone ever have anything like this? Thanks for any help. Terri

2. Pics would help...

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Pics please.

4. TerriL

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    Sorry I will see if I can get pic in the morning it will be too dark when I get home tonight I think but I might try

5. TerriL

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pics I took hope you can see it. Terri

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Are you talking about the area that looks swollen?

7. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

Is whats swollen appears to be the waddle under the neck could this be a thick waddle or could it be swollen?.
    The only thing comes to mind unless its just a thick waddle and no out side injury's would be glandular just guessing here trying to use logic and it gets me into more trouble LOL.

8. TerriL

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    Logic is good. Its just a mystery it just appeared. I have never really seen waddles on my Turkeys of course with all the stuff they have under there necks its hard to see anything. I thought maybe my guys got in a fight. They light to grab onto each other and pull the other down the stairs and maybe one grabbed the skin under the neck and pulled something loose. I am hoping someone has had this show up I really cannot afforad a vet bill right now unless I just have to.

9. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

If its been pulled loose it could be herniated I think it would be worse looking to have one of those Hernia straps holding his waddle up LOL.
    I am just kidding if he is eating and acting alright I would not worry about it seance its been a long term thing.

Just keep watching him.

Good Luck

10. TerriL

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    Well Frank it just worried me since it just happened a few days ago but I tend to agree with you I just dont know what the Half of golf ball blob inside the pouch. I guess unless someone comes up with some bad information I will just wait and see. Thanks Terri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by