My turkey hates my son!

cass2014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Just recently my male turkeys hates my son! He went in the chicken yard to check the eggs for me and come out crying and scared my. Turkey Thomas chased him around the yard! Anyone know y he's doing this? Haven't had a problem before and he's fine with me my husband and my daughter! We all went in the chicken yard and my son walked off from us and we were all looking at a duck then Thomas started chasing my son and he fell over then Thomas jumped on his back! Not good! Please help!! We recently got a female turkey for him that's the only thing I can think of! My son doesn't tease him at all! I'm puzzled!!!!

I was wondering, is your tom just becoming an adult? Sometimes they can get agressive as they reach maturity. (All those male hormones raging.) And adding the female could be a factor too, like you mentioned.

I say he would b around 3 years old but has been by himself for around a year! It's just weird he had chosen my sib and is fine with everyone else! Thanks

Well, that blows my theory out the window. Maybe you're right and he thinks he's protecting his hen....Oh, another idea, was your son wearing a red shirt or bright sweatshirt or something? One of my roosters HATED the color red. Took me a minute to figure it out, but I wore a red t-shirt once and he just about flogged me in the face!

Wow :) that's what I thought at first coz he had a bright blue top on but he's the same in black and red! It's just really weird if he was protecting her I thought he would b the same to everyone but really wants to attack my son for some reason! The other thing I'm taking the eggs for the incubator thought he would b go for me! I'm really puzzled

Back
Top Bottom