My urban coop [Chickens moved in! Updates on page 6]

6chickens in St. Charles :

This is the um-teenth LIME GREEN coop I've seen

My neighbor asked, "Is that the FINAL color?" Yes it is! Get over it. Be glad I don't own a barn because I would paint it the same color
smile.png

Our coop is "Harmonic Tan" or pukey green as my mom calls it. But she wanted a green, that was different than the 3 neighboring houses green and that looked good with the yellow brick chimney and worked Purple for the door.

The pukey green is kind of the color of celery soup or pea soup, but looks good with the deep plum color. But I like the color better in the shade than sun, the front of the house is always in the shade and I just can't see using two versions of the same color family for the sides that get sun.

Quote:
Okay. Okay. Here ya' go. Now I'm going be seeing this color EVERYWHERE.
lol.png

It's called HoneyDew (of course it is. It's more melon than lime). It came from the Home Depot. The color formula is shown in the 2nd photo if you don't have a Home Depot or Behr paint.

6176036284_284f6cb654.jpg

6176036074_d5fd03f768.jpg

Really nice coop! With the corrugated clear panels over the run, I don't see any supports for it tho'.
hmm.png
I know it's on a slant, but sometimes the snow will stick to it regardless (we have them too!). Putting support beams periodically throughout and adding an inch spacer between the beam and panel can help here.

Quote:
You're right. I haven't put in the additional roof supports yet because I still need to take the run apart and move it outside. Right now there are just 8 screws holding the sides of the box together and I didn't want to add too many things that I would have to unscrew later
smile.png

I've just discovered the inspiration for my coop colors. Funny how you can look at something all day long and never really see it but it sticks in the sub conscience.

Maybe I should call it the iCoop.

MC944_AV2_WHITE

Back
Top Bottom