My very first eggs are beginning to hatch!

Blue Legs

Songster
Mar 4, 2021
Woke up this morning to find one of my eggs beginning to hatch!!! Should I just leave them alone? The egg turner is off, temp set at 99.5, humidity 60-70%. I have a brooder ready to go with a heat lamp, food and a waterer ready to go. How soon after hatching should I remove the bird?

Attachments

• IMG_20210307_080320876.jpg
    IMG_20210307_080320876.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 11
I suppose I could. Would I then just choose a side to lay the eggs on? They have been upside down for the whole incubation

If they are beginning to hatch just leave them now. After they hatch you can leave them in a few hours until they fluff up. The others chirping usually encourages the others want to hatch out.

So each individual should be allowed to dry and then moved to the brooder? Should I expect all of these guys to pile out pretty quick then? 3 of the eggs went in 2 days after the rest

give them 24 hrs to dry out and absorb their yolk,they can live for that long w/o water or food w/ the yolk in them,put them out on towel paper initially and then chips after about a week or so,lifting the lid causes a drop in humidity and can cause ones not hatched yet to get stuck in the shell,w/ that said,I have a Brinsea 20 and can bump the humidity back up quickly w/ a damp towelette placed in the 'bator,shipped eggs can take as long as 23 days,local should all be done by day 21

2nd egg is now cracking as well! What is an average time to expect from initial cracks to peeping chick? These eggs were started on 3/5 and 3/7.

Back
Top Bottom