My very first remodel...PICS

Jencleg

Songster
8 Years
May 5, 2011
Jasper
Please go easy on me as this is my first project EVER...if you dont count our 2 kids
wink.png
but I did this (almost) entirely on my own! I actually worked a skil saw to cut the boards around the screen
yippiechickie.gif
!! My hubs did the boards for the roof & hung the door (ahem...a lil crooked
tongue.png
) but I did the rest....Now just gotta find it's new home in the yard & put the kids..I mean chicks in it!
woot.gif

Before:

90422_dscn18751.jpg

After:

90422_dscn19091.jpg

Another View Before:

90422_dscn18781.jpg

Another After

90422_dscn19141.jpg

Not perfect but I am excited!

Thank you! I hope they like it...I also forgot to mention my most important chickie Grayson! The bestest daughter/helper ever!
celebrate.gif

You are correct. You should put wood behind the hinges.

The first door failed because the screws were too short/didn't have enough wood to bite into. If there is only the plywood and nothing behind the hinges, the same thing will happen to the new door.

Take the door off the hinge. Leave the left side of the hinge still attached. (Is that side a 2x4) On the back side of the door attach a 1x4 the height of the door, or a strip of plywood the same size. Use screws that are at least 1" in length.

I never use the screws that come with hinges. They are crap.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you for the advice! I will check it out when I get home today! I really want to smooth out the rough edges, but I just kept telling myself it was a chicken coop!

Oh! And the best part is that I have a total of $12.00 in all of this!

Back
Top Bottom