my very own micro farm

I have a lot of pages to catch up on....its been awhile! Hope all is well, getting ready to incubate bantam eggs in my sons 4th grade class and super excited to watch the kids see them hatch. I am worried if I order online most will not hatch which is been my experience in the past... I would love to find some local eggs. If anyone happens to know where to get some fresh fertile Bantam eggs. I'm willing to drive and pay good money anything to get the kids interested in chickens. I'll have to record some of it and post, I imagine they're all going to have some interesting questions. Currently we are hatching salmon eggs we will be coming up and letting them loose somewhere around Yosemite. It's kind of cool they have a little sac like the chickens yolk. Anyways, hope all is well!

Last edited:
Well here it goes....
i want to start off by apologizing to anyone who has given me their time. whether it was just a read through or a more active role in this whole endeavor. i dropped off without a trace or word and i am terribly sorry for that.
the following year after my last post was hard and heavy, and the last year leading up to now has been tough as well but is improving. i finally feel like im in a place to start moving forward again. the ugly of it. The 10 year relationship i was in ended rather badly just over a year ago. sadly the children are now in the middle of it. The flock took a direct hit from this, being moved to the back burner while ive tried to make some semblance of the mess before me. overwhelming was a good word for a while, birds included, as my numbers dwindled i did my best. things seem to finally be moving forward with my personal life and i am doing my best to keep high spirits through all. reaching out to you all as a community has been on my mind for some time, i never should have been so quick to leave. ive lost a lot in the last 2 years but am finding my footing again.
i hope that rekindling this thread will help my daily pursuit to be better than i was the day before and in turn help keep me motivated to keep improving the property. theres always room for healing and writing is an amazing tool in that regard.
i am currently working on reestablishing the flock and a daily routine and hope some old faces and new friends hope to chime in again.
always something going on on the farm even if i havent had the time to rigorously document things as i used to.
thanks again for those that have read or will read. best foot forward and all that. currently plan on posting more, just finding the time and mental fortitude.

best to you all.
onwards and upwards

Zach

Back
Top Bottom