my very own micro farm

Pics
Attimus, have you seen the trailer for suicide squad. My hubby and I got emerald city comicom tickets for our wedding, which is next month... I'm going as their version of harleyquinn!!!!!!!
I havent, looking forward to the new deadpool tho. should be fun dressing up for that, always alor of people in costume at those things.

Well, yum, Attimus.  A good time for me to get back on the forum to visit.  Moved to Vancouver WA in Sept and will be looking for a lease for acreage to do a small produce garden/ catfish pond.  The weather is outrageously beautiful up here.  I'm used to Shreveport La's flat land. 
glad your hanging in there. @lindalouly are you close? I'd love to see what you have in mind in regards to garden and pond.

Attimus

Well, yum, Attimus. A good time for me to get back on the forum to visit. Moved to Vancouver WA in Sept and will be looking for a lease for acreage to do a small produce garden/ catfish pond. The weather is outrageously beautiful up here. I'm used to Shreveport La's flat land.
Wow, that's quite the change in environment!

Every time I look at the thread I get hungry !
Looking forward to hatch on wed. I'm pleased I got a few from Oliver . Let's hope I get some pullets.
All the building you guys are doing looks great! We took a break and built the boys a tree house.
We will be adding to it.

also had a great day with the hens. My Aussie started laying
1f64f-1f3fd.png
I love her eggs.

Seems almost everyone has started to lay again. I love her eggs!
We also planted most of the garden. We added another 8 feet. Excited!
Really wanting to grow pumpkins for the kids and hens.
Hope all is well with everyone!

Last edited:
Heres the days progress on the incubator

All since around 7 this morning. Alot more to go. :)

Every time I look at the thread I get hungry !
Looking forward to hatch on wed. I'm pleased I got a few from Oliver . Let's hope I get some pullets.
All the building you guys are doing looks great! We took a break and built the boys a tree house.
We will be adding to it.

also had a great day with the hens. My Aussie started laying
1f64f-1f3fd.png
I love her eggs.

Seems almost everyone has started to lay again. I love her eggs!
We also planted most of the garden. We added another 8 feet. Excited!
Really wanting to grow pumpkins for the kids and hens.
Hope all is well with everyone!

The tree house looks super fun. I can't wait to get to a comfortable point with things around here to build a treehouse for my kids. Crazy how fast 3 weeks goes, only a couple more days til fuzz balls huh. I'm pretty sure I've got a broody ee, if she's still there when everyone turns in I'll put her in one of the broody pens with what ever eggs she has under her and maybe what gets laid tomorrow. Also a small chance I might be driving out towards Tracy tomorrow for 5 1year old layers haven't heard back to confirm either way but still exciting.
Gonna get back to it.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Wow, that's quite the change in environment!
It's okay. Both have their charms. I will be going back and forth every few months to get the best of both. I would say that I'd be sure to be here in August. But I was here seventeen years ago and 5 days of 105. Jenny had her first baby. No kind of A/C up there. Both are zoned 8b and about the same weather.
gig.gif

Knocked another 1/2" off Roscoe's spurs this morning. Just before I started back on the incubator. Made a few modifications to raise the interior height. Then I started on insulating the lid. All done and viewing hole cute and plexiglass lined up. Need to frame up the interior and exterior around the 'glass to make it look real nice.

Really happy with how everything is turning out. Another couple days worth of work should do it.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Incubator update.. Lids almost sealed up. Plexi is in. Exterior window framed. After that I'll install hardware and hinge.

And starting the inside

Moving right along.

Here's my first broody hen of the year getting comfy on a dozen ee eggs.

She was moved to the broody condo this morning after confirmation around 3am when she was still in the nest.
Fun fun.

Onwards and upwards
Attimus

Back
Top Bottom