My Weekend Hatch!!!-Silkies & Seramas!!!Whooppiiee!!!!

So cute Vickie!! I'm so jealous!!
tongue.gif

NO!!! don't talk about silkies!! no pics!!! I want some silkies real bad but I don't know where to get some!!
hit.gif

That's a good % for an incubator serama hatch! SO
smack.gif
they made it and they're oh so adorable.

Great silkie hatch. I need more...

I had eight silkie eggs, hatched five, I think two girls and three boys at this point and I REALLY needed pullets.

Sunshine.... how much would four or six pity eggs run me??? I had such a lousy roo heavy year in everything. And I need a good silkie group to improve my Sizzles - and yours have such NICE crests... envy envy.

But major congrats on all the cuteness factor!

I've got 9 going out of 12 set, in seramas due next week, three were clear, I've had no quiters so far...
fl.gif

Quote:
Seramas typically hatch out on day 19 but I have had them hatch as early as day 18. I have never gotten one to hatch in the incubator. I have one chick that hatched out of a pullet serama egg that is the size of a quarter all fluffed up so yes they are super tiny compared to other bantam chicks. You may have to ground up their chick starter for the first few weeks. You will see they mature really fast, within a few days they have feathers in their little wings already and soon after tail feathers come in
big_smile.png
They are soooo much fun and the more hands on you give them the more tame they become
big_smile.png

Quote:
Seramas typically hatch out on day 19 but I have had them hatch as early as day 18. I have never gotten one to hatch in the incubator. I have one chick that hatched out of a pullet serama egg that is the size of a quarter all fluffed up so yes they are super tiny compared to other bantam chicks. You may have to ground up their chick starter for the first few weeks. You will see they mature really fast, within a few days they have feathers in their little wings already and soon after tail feathers come in
big_smile.png
They are soooo much fun and the more hands on you give them the more tame they become
big_smile.png

Oh, I am so excited! We are halfway into Day 18 now and I am fervently praying for a good hatch!

Thanks so much for the info!

~Cherlyn

The seramas that hatched, did so on day 20. I put them in their own hatcher on day 16 as someone said to do..but day 20 is when they hatched..They are tiny, but I have some OE that are as small as they are when they hatch.

Final tally:

15 white silkie chicks
9 splash silkies
5 blue silkies
3 seramas

Not a bad weekend of hatching!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom