My white leghorn is laying non-white eggs

Quote:
Yes, they are fun! And I love mutts too.

I have become convinced (for now, anyway) that they are a combination of Leghorn & white rock. Although Daisy doesn't look like a Leghorn, she has the green-yellow-white earlobes for sure.
Neither is especially skittish, & Sunny lets herself be caught & handled by my grandkids. I think the "white"earlobes kinda rule out White Rocks - or so I gather
hmm.png

Last edited:
I also have a pullet with lime green earlobes. She was sold from TSC as white leghorn, but looks distinctly different than the other pullet from the same bin. I have been wondering if she is a mix of some sort.... neither are laying yet, they are around twelve weeks so I have a fair wait.
Thank you for helping with this mystery bird. She is extremely sweet and was always the first one wanting to be petted and picked up, not typical for leghorns. I will post a pic if I can figure out how ;).

Well I'm new at the chicken business , and this morning notice the green ear lobes in my 3 leghorns( I thought) they are not laying yet ( 15 weeks) so I guess it will be a surprise when they do lay. Can't wait. Thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom