My wine cooler page

toxo

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Gillingham, UK
For those of you who were following my wine cooler project on my BYC page, you might want to check it out now it's finished.

From conception to chickens in the brooder, including videos.

Thanks for looking.

Paul

I love that incubator. I will refer to it when I build mine. I am still looking for a large wine cooler on craigslist. All I find are smaller ones or large ones that are working and so they want more than I wanna pay lol. I may have to take out an ad. Those baby chicks are so cute on your byc page looking out the glass incubator door!! They were saying, "Hey come and get us outta here!"
smile.png

Last edited:
You are quite an engineer. I built a still air incubator last year with limited results so I was going to convert it to a forced air and decided I needed to start from scratch. Love your ideas but I don't think I'm going to go to the extent you did. Great job.

That was fantastic. Incredible work. I would sure love to get my engineer friend build me a thermostat. I might even think about switching my old wine cooler over to incubating. Hmmm.

Congratulations on your hatch. Do you think the thermostat didn't keep the temperature high enough after all? I'm just curious why the hatch was so late. I just have a hovabator and I have a devil of a time keeping the temperature steady as the eggs develop and then the humidity change at the end.

You get the McGuyver of the month award!! Great Job!! And I'm still struggling to get a computer fan in my Hova Bator! LOL

Quote:
The thermostat did it's job well. I can't put my finger on why the hatch was late. I used four thermometers but they all gave a different reading. Maybe I erred on the wrong side. Next time I would definitely invest in a proper incubator thermometer. I think keeping a steady temp/humidity reading has a great deal to do with where you put the bator. I certainly found it harder than I imagined.
Thanks for the feedback.

Paul

Wow! Great feedback guys. Thank you. It's very much appreciated.

Barred Rocker:

If I hadn't spent so much time on the motor, which in the end I didn't use, it could be built in very little time because all the ingredients are there to begin with.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom