Mycoplasma gallisepticum? Or irritated eyes?

Can you get them tested to see if the bubbles and facial swelling are MG? Is there a bad odor in the faces, or do they smell normal? Have you added any new birds to your flock in recent weeks? MG symptoms can show up 6-10 days or longer after exposure to a carrier. Tylosin for pigeons ordered online from Jedds.com can help treat symptoms of MG. Here is some information about MG:
https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/poultry/FS-1008 Recognizing and Preventing Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) Infecti....pdf
I looked at your website. If it is MG they will probably get culled. I don't want an MG flock. My chickens are breeders so that will probably be the best thing. If I do cull them can I barrie them?

I only moved one dog house top. They are usually fine with the coop getting reaganed. There is a dig dog that has been like tied up close to them. Ok so they will MG carriers, but will they spread it to the other chickens if treated properly? Will the chickens and chicks build a immunity to MG? I've been washing my shoes, hands, arms, legs, and change my close after being around them is that ok? I have also been washing any door or cage handles I touch so no one in my family can spread it.

I don't know about the testing. No bad Oder to the face. No new birds. And I have not got any new chicks (from store) sences March. And now new adult dirks were a added. Is there an or ganic why to treat them.
Practicing biosecurity is a good thing actually. I'm kind of limited on having to do so.

I suspect one of my flocks have MG due to what happened to one of my project Orpington chicks earlier this year. She became feverish, sticky goopy eyes, & extreme pneumonia. She went down hill fast over just a couple hours. I had the feeling she wasn't going to make it since she was drowning in her own fluids, so j had to put her down. She was in the brooder with her friends. As soon as I suspected what was going on, I cleaned out the brooder.

The chick who I had to put down was my survivor of Mushy Chick Disease.

My bird's don't have a stink that comes from them, that I have noticed. I could have MG in my flock, but I could have something completely different too.

I'm not sure if there's an at home MG test, but I can look, & see if there's any.
http://www.zoologix.com/avian/Datasheets/PoultryRespiratoryPanel.htm

Poultry respiratory PCR panel
Test code: P0018
- Poultry respiratory panel detects and differentiates eight clinically significant respiratory pathogens:

Avian influenza
Aspergillus fumigatus
Bordetella avium

Infectious bronchitis
Infectious laryngotracheitis
Infectious coryza
Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale
Mycoplasma gallisepticum

Back
Top Bottom