Mycoplasma what to do

Just a note about contacting state vets. In Illinois they are VERY strict about diseases. I called about a necropsy for a bird that passed and they showed up in hazmat suit and bagged her. It was my son’s favorite girl and we were quite shocked. They wanted to test for avian influenza.

I use Perdue university for my necropsies now.
I’m in Colorado so I’ll start looking at what the protocol is

Sorry that you have sick birds and have lost one.

It would be a very good idea to refrigerate the body and have your State Lab test. The results from the lab will give you information that you can use to move forward in know how to manage and treat symptoms.

Let us know what the results say when you get them back.

As for what to do about the current sick bird(s), you've been given good suggestions from several posters on this thread. At this point I don't believe I can add to what has already been mentioned.

My mom said she found out the medicine made it so that we couldn’t eat the eggs is that true because for now I have to stop treating her
Sorry that you have sick birds and have lost one.

It would be a very good idea to refrigerate the body and have your State Lab test. The results from the lab will give you information that you can use to move forward in know how to manage and treat symptoms.

Let us know what the results say when you get them back.

As for what to do about the current sick bird(s), you've been given good suggestions from several posters on this thread. At this point I don't believe I can add to what has already been mentioned.
the body is already gone so that isn’t an option

Many drugs are not approved for poultry. Yes, I pointed out the 30 day drug withdrawal time for doxycycline in post 7. Tylosin has not egg withdrawal time for the oral treatment in the water. The dosage is more simple and you can get it online from Jedds.com.

Many drugs are not approved for poultry. Yes, I pointed out the 30 day drug withdrawal time for doxycycline in post 7. Tylosin has not egg withdrawal time for the oral treatment in the water. The dosage is more simple and you can get it online from Jedds.com.
Ok thanks for the reminder, I’ll get some tylosin

Ivermectin does not treat MG. Erythromycin has been used in the past to treat it, but most antibiotics have egg withdrawal times. Can you tell her eggs apart from the others? Do not give it to anyone except the hen with symptoms if you use it.

Back
Top Bottom