Mystery bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SMKirkland, Jan 15, 2011.

1. SMKirkland

SMKirkland New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    We were given a pair of bantams in the fall and I can't find the name of the breed they are. I wrote it down, but lost it [​IMG] Can someone tell me?

[​IMG]

2. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Does it have really long legs? It kind of looks like a modern game. Does that ring a bell?

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    serama or japanese? do you have a pic of it standing on it's own? sort of helps get an idea of it's posture. thanks!

4. SMKirkland

SMKirkland New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    His legs aren't very long and it doesn't sound familiar. It was strange name, I remember that much! I'll try to get another picture of him tomorrow.

Thanks!

5. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Im not sure what he is, but he sure is handsome!!!

6. SMKirkland

SMKirkland New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    I kept Googling bantams until I found pictures!!! Mille Fleur . . .but it's a certain variety of them, not the standard. He's a clean leg variety.

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Mille Fleur is a colour not a breed. & that bird isn't Mille Fleur in colour. He appears to be a cross bred bantam of some sort. He may be an Old English Game Bantam but he's not a recognized colour variety.

8. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    yeah he looks like he has some huge legs... possibly a mottled modern game... or i need to see him standing upright...

maybe he's a mottled old english game bantam...

9. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Any chance it could be a Swedish Flower Hen?

10. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    no chance at all! Swedish Flower hens are not only incredibly rare but they also are standard birds, not bantams. I'm guessing he's some sort of OEGB mix...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by