mystery "banties"

opalwednesday

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Ridgecrest
Hi all,

I was gifted this pair yesterday. I believe that they are wearing their first set of hard feathers. They were just called banties, when I asked for more the guy shrugged. Do they look like any specific breeds or are they pure mutt?

They're loud by the way, I'm quite obviously a predator to them. Hopefully living in my sewing room for a month or so will chill them out, right now when I pick one up it makes the sound of a baby eagle. :) I was warned that they fly quite well. I have an old English game bantam from a breeder, he has a different look and isn't keen on flying. That's about how big my frame of reference is.

Thanks!

they look like a young pair of old english games and games are big fliers when they want to be and can be very flighty no matter what.

Right on, thanks for your input. The little rooster has the best little legs, maybe he'll end up with the toy soldier look like my other one, super cute.

if their legs get longer they could be moderen games (i forgot about those
hide.gif
) i cant really tell how long their legs are but modern games are leggy

WhModBtyCkl.JPEG
WhModBtyP.JPEG

heres some to get a better idea of how long the legs are
RedPyleModBtyP.JPEG
RedPyleModBtyCkl.JPEG
Curly.JPEG

oh cool! those are some very leggy chickens. I saw some shamos at a chicken show, how CUTE they are! they do look like they could be modern games, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom