Mystery chick

~KH~

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 16, 2011
Southeast Idaho
My Coop
My Coop
I posted pics of 2 mystery chicks I got from Meyer in the very long thread (ordered Buff Orpingtons, and got 2 other chicks instead). Unfortunately, one of the chicks died a couple days ago. I haven't heard back from Meyer as to ID yet, so am hoping as this chick gets older, maybe we can figure out what she is. She doesn't have any feathering on her feet and didn't really want to cooperate for photos this morning. The first pic is of both chicks - I had assumed that they were both the same breed since I ordered 2 Buffs and got these 2 instead.
Mystery2.jpg Mystery12.jpg Mystery22.jpg

Her feet aren't yellow...

Meyer did get back to me today and said Black Australorp. They did offer to resend an order for free, but although I am really disappointed I didn't get any Buffs, I didn't want to have a group of younger chicks (I can't keep all the ones I have, so already will have to make some hard decisions to sell the extras). I've had Australorps before, too, and they were also sweet chickens, but the Buffs we had were true "lap" chickens.

I prefer buff Orpingtons over Australorp too. That's a head scratching mix up, the breeds look nothing alike.

Back
Top Bottom