Mystery chick

jjunge08

Chirping
Nov 8, 2020
NW Ohio
Went to a farm store and purchased chicks about 3 weeks ago. I got what I thought were 3 Easter eggers and 3 olive eggers. Today it’s very warm out and thought I would get them outside to walk around. As they were exploring I noticed the one has feathered legs. Pretty sure I may have gotten something other than the breeds I thought I got. I cannot remember what breed was in the same tub as the Easter eggers. The olive eggers, on the other hand, I think were in a tub with black copper marans. All the marans were a black color though I thought. Any ideas what breed this chick is? Is it possibly a maran?

Attachments

• 5A41C3C7-3F23-471D-A8D8-45AC84A14917.jpeg
    5A41C3C7-3F23-471D-A8D8-45AC84A14917.jpeg
    989.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Went to a farm store and purchased chicks about 3 weeks ago. I got what I thought were 3 Easter eggers and 3 olive eggers. Today it’s very warm out and thought I would get them outside to walk around. As they were exploring I noticed the one of the legs has feathered legs. Pretty sure I may have gotten something other than the breeds I thought I got. I cannot remember what breed was in the same tub as the Easter eggers. The olive eggers, on the other hand, I think were in a tub with black copper marans. All the marans were a black color though I thought. Any ideas what breed this chick is? Is it possibly a maran?
Buff Brahma

Went to a farm store and purchased chicks about 3 weeks ago. I got what I thought were 3 Easter eggers and 3 olive eggers. Today it’s very warm out and thought I would get them outside to walk around. As they were exploring I noticed the one has feathered legs. Pretty sure I may have gotten something other than the breeds I thought I got. I cannot remember what breed was in the same tub as the Easter eggers. The olive eggers, on the other hand, I think were in a tub with black copper marans. All the marans were a black color though I thought. Any ideas what breed this chick is? Is it possibly a maran?
She’s got muffs🥰 Easter eggers and olive eggers are just sweet little mutts! A cross between any blue egger and any brown egger will make an Easter egger. A back cross of an Easter egger (that already lays green) with a brown laying breed makes an olive egger. (Which are also just ‘Easter eggers’). Because you can cross so many different breeds to get an Easter or olive you can have all sorts of traits pop up. Like feathered legs, muffs, beards, even tufted heads. That’s part of the fun of them! Their traits are super variable so you will probably have a beautiful flock with a beautiful egg basket! And yes a Maran would have been a black chick💕

Back
Top Bottom