Mystery egg hatched... what is it? 🤣

Shugercube

Songster
Apr 17, 2022
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
So I had a bantam-sized egg I threw in the incubator. A coworker brought in a bunch of eggs and there was just one tiny egg. So I put it in with some others I had going. Well it finally hatched today, and I'm curious if anyone has an idea what it might be!
4 toes, lightly feathered legs and outermost toes, straight comb, light "eyeliner" and chipmunk stripes. Probably a mix of some sort, but maybe someone here knows more about bantams than I do 🤣 little one's been snuggling with me since it's not quite big enough to go in the brooder with the others and I don't want her getting lonely ❤️
F70F2ADD-B9D5-4795-8CC3-81E25272B63C.png
5A0D09A9-66B9-4F5E-A5B7-60C80F3FAF3F.jpeg

So I had a bantam-sized egg I threw in the incubator. A coworker brought in a bunch of eggs and there was just one tiny egg. So I put it in with some others I had going. Well it finally hatched today, and I'm curious if anyone has an idea what it might be!
4 toes, lightly feathered legs and outermost toes, straight comb, light "eyeliner" and chipmunk stripes. Probably a mix of some sort, but maybe someone here knows more about bantams than I do 🤣 little one's been snuggling with me since it's not quite big enough to go in the brooder with the others and I don't want her getting lonely ❤️View attachment 3497569View attachment 3497570
My whole experience raising chickens I have been mostly doing mutts, easter eggers, and Marans. The only chicks I've ever hatched that were chipmunk patterned are my EE. I don't have much experience with other breeds though, lol

My whole experience raising chickens I have been mostly doing mutts, easter eggers, and Marans. The only chicks I've ever hatched that were chipmunk patterned are my EE. I don't have much experience with other breeds though, lol
I've had Dutch bantams and OEGB that had the chipmunk stripes, but those don't have feathered legs lol
The only thing I know for sure is, it's a chicken 🤣

Back
Top Bottom