Mystery hatch!!! PICS!

KOTurkeyRanch

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Western PA
Well, the parents are a red palm tom or a red bronze tom, i think both mated my hen, and a bronze hen. I definately have a mixed flock. I have 3 poults that look similar. One is white and another is pretty dark. One is brown and another is black. Confusing right?!?! I also hatched out a chick!

They are almost 2 weeks old. QUESTION: Why is there a little bald spot on the brown ones wing base?

Here are the pics:
36256_286.jpg
<--- The Brown One
36256_285.jpg
<---The chick is farthest left. The brown one is also here. The one who is kinda white, well you can see his wings, his head is behing the brown poult.
36256_284.jpg
<-----Field Trip!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep confused. What color is your hen? She must be black based to get those two masked poults. Is the poult you are calling white a Oregon Gray?

My hen is a bronze/narri cross but i emailed Kevin Porter and he said the Tom was a bronze and hen was a Narri so she is bronze but carries narri genes maybe? There is actually 3 medium dark poults, 1 light one, 1 dark one, a brown and a black.

Quote:
Yep confused. What color is your hen? She must be black based to get those two masked poults. Is the poult you are calling white a Oregon Gray?

That sounds very plausible! I was reading on www.porterturkeys.com and it said an ideal Oregon Gray has a bronze base with a gray gene a.k.a palm! OMG!!! lol

When we got our first little turkeys they too had little bald spots on their wing tips. We noticed it was right before they started getting their feathers in on that area. Our little BBW's don't have that problem, just our bronze babies did that. We got them from a feed store.

Back
Top Bottom