Mystery kill

rosinsk1772

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Tiverton, RI
So the plot of the story is my daughter found our hen that laid 7 days a week an extra large egg dead on the ground :(. There was a hole near its egg shoot with an egg inside of it that is visible. There are no feathers like something nailed it. No blood, and no tracks. Can anyone help me with what might have killed. They were free ranging in a fenced area with an expose aerial.

So the plot of the story is my daughter found our hen that laid 7 days a week an extra large egg dead on the ground :(. There was a hole near its egg shoot with an egg inside of it that is visible. There are no feathers like something nailed it. No blood, and no tracks. Can anyone help me with what might have killed. They were free ranging in a fenced area with an expose aerial.

What do you mean by egg shoot? It's vent? Or are you talking about the vent where they egg normally passes? If she was in the process of laying and couldn't pass the egg, maybe that killed her.

A hole near its egg shoot? Huh? Do you mean there was a second hole other than the vent? Like an injury? Or are you saying the egg was just stuck in the vent and there was no injury? If there is no injury to the bird then the egg probably became stuck and that's what killed her.

The location was near the hips/vent

Back
Top Bottom