mystery peacock

foxcove4

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
WNC
I came home today and there was a peacock hanging out with my chickens and turkeys. He's not too skittish, we saw him fly way up in a pine tree to roost. I hope he stays.

i use to have some. someone around you probably had one and he heard your pets so came to find some friends. i have even read its not un common to have your peacocks leave to go hang out with wild turkys! mine never left but maybe the guy you have was lonely. i would say as long as you feed him he will stay!

Last edited:
tell me, is this moocher peacock loud and obnoxious? Or is he quiet and unobtrusive? If it's the latter, ask if he has a brother
wink.png

We had a Peahen move in with us. She got lonely so we got her a fella. Now we have about a dozen of them. They are loud but don't holler a whole lot. They are most noisy during breeding season. Hope it stays with you.

Lot of peacocks are lost when someone get they, but dont keep them penned long. New peafowl are harder to break to free range.

Peacocks will look for mates even if its chickens,guinea,turkeys,.

Feed him and get you a few peahens.

Great find, every year I have people come to me for mates for peacocks that just showed up.

Yes they love to roost high in trees,and are great flyers.

Quote:
If you can get a pic, may be able to tell you what type he is. If he has a long train then he is 3yr or older.

Back
Top Bottom