mystrey duks

Rooster Bob

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Supply,nc
Ok folks I know not a thing about ducks tell me what I have while at the feed store to day I BOUGHT TWO DUCKLINS WITH BLACK BILLS AND FEET AND TOP K NOTS WHAT ARE THEY?
THANKS Dennis

Top Knots? Whats that?

You should really do your research before getting ducks, as they are a lot of work....but since you have them.... http://www.liveducks.com/ click on the care section on the left.

DO NOT put them in water...that is the most common mistake 1st time duck owners make....it can be fatal.

Pics would help with the ID.

I think you are gonna like having ducks lol...there so comical
roll.png

ETA:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Do they look like they have pom poms on their heads? They could be crested ducks. If they're ducklings, they need to be kept warm until they get all their feathers.

Sound like crested ducks. That is not a breed but a trade they can have. Just make sure that they don't breed each other, or another crested duck. It's a deadly defective gene that causes the crest. You end up with tons of dead ducklings if you try to breed one with another one. They are also known for neurological issues like seizures. Pretty looking, but not good to breed at all. If you breed them then you have to breed a crested with a non crested and end up with about half of them having a crest.

Back
Top Bottom