N.H. PLAISTOW CHICKEN SWAP

I will have a red sox hat on, glasses and probably have either a bright red headed son with me or a lil girl who will tell every animal how cute they are. See you tomorrow and thanks again!!

i cringe every time someone mentions getting silkies from a hatchery or the feed guy.
and i hope this comes off nicely not bad, i dont mean it to be not nice , but the quality, color, look of those silkies are awful, usually.
some people just want a silkie, but if you want a nice silkie, you really should buy from a breeder.

i am saying only because i care.
i am so worried about this, maybe i should shut up, maybe i should post, eeks

LOL. OK, NOW I AM GOING TO BED, MIS READ THAT WHOLE THING, GOOD NIGHT lol

Last edited:
Quote:
how many do you think i need to buy before i can safely assume i have a pullet my feed store guy will take and sell any roo's i get

dave is a great guy to know. the answer for you depends on if you gamble or not. my first was guessed by seller to be pullet. it is a roo. next 3 were all pullets. next 3- 2 roos and a pullet. next 1 pullet. these guys do not crow very loud if that helps. I will have photos of the parents with me. they are very good quality.

Quote:
There will be lots of bunnys for her to hold,
Sue will be bringing her mini rex, lol you might be in trouble once she holds and feels that velvet fur. its like a living breathing stuffy toy.( which will bite and scrach sometimes).
I will likely be bringing a few rabbits myself, maybe even some Silver Fox (Heritage breed).

I will also be bringing some OEG cocks, and a few bantam cross roosers. and my darned order from McMurrys wont be here for this swap likely may swap ugh talk about bad planning. geesh.

Quote:
TSK TSK, bread makes them fat and causes hard fat over the shoulders, a complete no no.

are both fawns?

but auntie he liked it!! i was trying anything to get them to come for their pics. i didnt however know it would hurt them. so sorry

oh and no one is a sandy, but it color is off, the mixed colors of 2 parents, meaning a silver mom to a fawn male, made a mix color of this one baby, you know what i mean, he is sandy but bleeding some other colors. if that makes sense.

Yes a tweener, meaning it has all the color it shouldnt have, they are also called harliquins. good pets but not good for showing.
on the bread , a little wont hurt them but a constant diet,( everyday) is where the problems come in. plus it makes them too fat.( sugars and carbs are too high for their systems to absorb properly).
can you hold the Sandy harliwuin till the 25th or26th? if not no problem.

Quote:
There will be lots of bunnys for her to hold,
Sue will be bringing her mini rex, lol you might be in trouble once she holds and feels that velvet fur. its like a living breathing stuffy toy.( which will bite and scrach sometimes).
I will likely be bringing a few rabbits myself, maybe even some Silver Fox (Heritage breed).

I will also be bringing some OEG cocks, and a few bantam cross roosers. and my darned order from McMurrys wont be here for this swap likely may swap ugh talk about bad planning. geesh.

are you going to come?

no not to plaistow, too far to drive with a bum arm right now, and the meds are messing me up a bit with balance and movement( i see and feel things moving that in fact are not).
I will be in merrimack and milford even if I have to make the hubby drive me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom