N.J. town proposes limiting mating of roosters, chickens in backyard..

Wait until they find out that six hens can make a heck of a lot of noise when they all get going at once, never mind the rooster. They'd be better off to say no roosters than to legislate that you must get that elusive (well, non-existent), non-crowing rooster.

And as we know, sometimes a roo makes less noise than a bunch of hens at a hen party. All make less noise than relentlessly barking dogs.

I always worry that my pretty quiet BJ will get targeted if people decide to go cuckoo here in the neighboring town.

JJ

Wow....
ep.gif
does NJ even have a CLUE??

This cracks me up!! Are they going to have Chicken Police to make sure everyone is following the rules? What is going on in New Jersey- first "Jersey Shore" and now- limited congugal rooster visits!!
gig.gif

Ahhhhh NJ. This is what happens when your local farmers can no longer make a living farming. Countless acres of prime farmland is turned into subdivision. City folks move out to the "country" and buy up the half acre lotted homes and now you have a dilema. Thousands of city folk up against a handful of stick it out country folk. Some person raised in a brownstone with no yard from jersey city is elected mayor. His/her hotsie totsie neighbor complains about a rooster crowing and waking them before thier 11am appointment at the nail and hair salon. So the mayor sets forth to spend thousands of dollars of taxpayers money to ennact a law which will eventually force nosey nellies neighbor to get rid of thier rooster. Seems they have gone one step further in Hopewell and have elected an entire city council of what we here in NJ call Bennies.

If you think this law is ridiculous you should take a look at our gun laws.
th.gif

th.gif
lau.gif
And where do they propose these visiting roosters will come from? I just want to let everyone reading this who is not from Jesey that we are not all crazy here, lol This is very much a result of city folk moving out to the country. There was a huge migration after 9/11. People buy $700,000 houses next to swamps and then call the cops to complain about snakes in their yard. I have never watched the Jersey Shore show but I hear the stars aren't even from Jersey, they just go hang out in Sleezeside during the summer. I am very glad I live out in the woods with no developments anywhere around
big_smile.png

You may want to switch over to here now:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=469286&p=1

Was able to get copy of the proposed ordinance and posted it and that thread grew, so added the articles there. Should have combined them from the beginning but alas, I did not. Distracted by all this chicken engineering!!
smile.png

Story seems to be going viral pretty fast. Local paper. Then regional. Then regional editorial. Then NJ TV. Then New York Post. Then Reuters. All in a couple of days. Stay tuned!
JJ

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom