N. Louisiana & S. Arkansas?

I am north of Monroe near the Arkansas line also. Seems to be several of us.
smile.png
I have 5 chickens until Tuesday when my mom is bringing me 7 more for my birthday.

Hey Mama
smile.png
Enjoy the trip in the car with all the chickens
smile.png
Love you!

I'm not in N. Louisiana, but I am in S. Louisiana. Right in the heart of cajun country, literally. Since we are right in the middle of the city everyone thinks we're crazy, but I already have lots of my neighbors that want to buy eggs when we start getting them.
big_smile.png
Don't know about for sell, but i'll be willing to share if I have more than I need.
We only know one person about 30 minutes from here that have raised chickens for many years. They have offered to help us process any roosters we might get since we can't keep them.
th.gif
Hope we don't have any roosters in the bunch.
big_smile.png

Anyways, it's nice to see that there are so many other people from Louisiana here.

Teresa

Hi hi hi!!
Miriam, How close are you to me if you don't mind? I am just curious because it sounds like you are very very close to me. I am around the Oak Grove area..... well near Bastrop also (25 miles).

Hi to everyone else.
Teresa, my mom is coming from South LA. to bring my chickens. 4 hours with 7 chickens in a car..... PEWWWW! She loves me
smile.png

Joanm you are a couple of hours from me.

Last edited:
Where is she getting them from? The reason I ask is because it seems so hard for me to find people who raise chickens around me. I mean, we even had a hard time finding a feeder for the bigger girls we just got, geesh. I mean, I love the birds I just got but there is no way I want to go back to the same place. It was a very nasty place. Know what I mean? Anyways, enjoy your new chickens!!

Teresa

She gets them in Crossroads at Crossroads feed and seed. Between my sister, mom and I we probably got 20-30 chicks and all did very well from there. They even have grown pullets right now for 5 bucks. They are very reasonable on their chicks also. I think usually are about $1.75 no matter what kind you get or if they are straight run or just pullets. I am not sure how far that is for you. It is just a teeny little town outside of Bogalusa.

It's great to have someone so close by. We're in Bryant. We homeschool so, when the kids decided they wanted to raise chicks we figured why not, and here we are.
Welcome aboard,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom