Nabiki's Falb/Grau/Pansy Fee hatch

Today's group pic. I'm going to have to start dividing them up soon.
0130201701.jpg

Okay, how does a chick disappear from a closed brooder?! The last time I cleaned the brooder I moved them one by one to a temporary holding bin and counted them. I counted them on the way back into the brooder. 48. Today I do the same thing, and I now have 47.

How?! View attachment 2014927
YOUR CAT ATE ONE!
:eek:

I have my first escapee yesterday.
They got a lid yesterday too.

YOUR CAT ATE ONE!
:eek:

I have my first escapee yesterday.
They got a lid yesterday too.
Maybe, but... how? It wasn't locked down because the heatlamp was still in there with the handle sticking out, but it wasn't open enough for a chick to get out even if it could get that high. I'm confused. Maybe I'll blame the soon to be ex roommate.

Maybe, but... how? It wasn't locked down because the heatlamp was still in there with the handle sticking out, but it wasn't open enough for a chick to get out even if it could get that high. I'm confused. Maybe I'll blame the soon to be ex roommate.
GO look for it.
Listen carefully for crying. Maybe he is hiding somewhere.

GO look for it.
Listen carefully for crying. Maybe he is hiding somewhere.
I looked and listened, but if it got loose in my house, it's cat food. There are seven cats in this house.

Edit: I even poked through all of the shavings in case it had died and gotten buried somehow.

Kind of, then falls right back over. I've tried holding it. It's feet are curled, but straighten up just fine when a bit of weight is put on them. It always falls over on its left side. The left wing seems to face forward too.
I had one like that in my big quail hatch, culled it. It was weird trying to crawl around with its neck & head backward/sideways, a wing forward & a leg backward! I couldn't stand to watch it. Snip, done. 😳
I looked and listened, but if it got loose in my house, it's cat food. There are seven cats in this house.

Edit: I even poked through all of the shavings in case it had died and gotten buried somehow.
:oldYou're the neighborhood "🤪Crazy 🐱Cat~🐦Bird 👩🏻‍💻Lady"!!!! :lau

I had one like that in my big quail hatch, culled it. It was weird trying to crawl around with its neck & head backward/sideways, a wing forward & a leg backward! I couldn't stand to watch it. Snip, done. 😳

:oldYou're the neighborhood "🤪Crazy 🐱Cat~🐦Bird 👩🏻‍💻Lady"!!!! :lau
I know. I have an absolute top limit of 6 cats, but my old roommate had two. When he passed away I wasn't going to get rid of his cats. They'd just lost their person, they weren't going to lose their home too.

Back
Top Bottom