Name a food you hate

It's all about the texture. :sick They insist on ruining carrot cake with cream cheese icing. :sick
I make the best dang carrot cake, and I think the reason it's so good is because I do an orange glaze instead of cream cheese frosting. My mom developed severe lactose intolerance a few years ago so I had to figure out a way to make her favorite dessert safe for her, and a simple glaze with orange juice, zest, and powdered sugar is perfection.

Speaking of food intolerances, there is a lot I can’t eat in normal portions. Like orange juice, beets, sellery, spinach, mushrooms, pork, old cheese, and prefab food (preservatives). Has to do with histamines.

It took many years, lots of abdomen pains and an allergist to find that out. Recently this became a topic in food&health research. They found out it has to do with the bacteria that live in our intestines. But there’s no ‘one fits all’ diet.

After recognising, the instructions were to eat very safe to start with. Meaning that it was not possible to have a social life. Now I use antihistamine medicines, I had a learning curve and its very well doable. And I have much more energy than I had 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom