Name that Breed

tchene

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
I recently purchased some straight run chicks from the local feed store. Apparently I picked out all Roos acording to a family friend :/ anyways i was wondering if anyone could tell me the breeds of these cute little fluff balls!!!

Hhmm, all roos? I think there are only certain breeds where you can tell by looking at their wing feather length to tell if they are male or female with much reliability. It is not too easy to tell the breed of chicks by looking at photos of them. You could narrow things down perhaps by calling the feed store and asking what breeds they had available and if they were all "straight run" which is unsexed chicks. I am going to make some wild guesses and say the striped ones are Golden Laced Wyandotte and maybe the yellow one is a Buff Orpington or a gold sex link breed. Here is a link to a video of the Golden Laced Wyandotte:

The maker of this video has a bunch of other videos that you should be able to access from that link, too.

Have fun with your chicks.

I agree with the post above but I'd also guess the black chick on on the far right of the top photo is a Barred Plymouth Rock I also wouldn't necessarily believe they are all roosters. Let them get a couple of weeks older before you start to try to tell their gender.

Back
Top Bottom