Name that Rooster ( Pic's Added )

al6517

Real Men can Cook
11 Years
May 13, 2008
I am having a bit of a time trying to ID these Roosters, I just can't seem to get them, I need your help with this.
#1 Roo, I am thinking Black or Blue Sumatra????
10364_rooster_pics_mostly_009.jpg

10364_rooster_pics_mostly_015.jpg

#2 Roo
10364_rooster_pics_mostly_004.jpg

10364_rooster_pics_mostly_006.jpg

#3 Roo
10364_rooster_pics_mostly_019.jpg

10364_rooster_pics_mostly_021.jpg

Well what do you think I put in 2 pic's of each, 2 & 3 really have me stumped.

Thanks
AL

I agree one is Sumatra, number 2... could it be a Dorking??? Maybe 3 too???? Did they have Dorkings where you got them? I know they are considered rare....

From Feathersite.....

TrioSGDork.JPEG

RedDorkCklFrance.JPEG

Allthough... number 3 had black legs... I dunno
idunno.gif

or maybe silver laced and partridge rocks???

Last edited:
#1 looks like a Blue Sumatra...

Lemme do some looking around for the other two! lol!

I doubt they're Dorkings because of the shank coloring. Dorkings have pale/pearl legs while your birds have blue/ black leg coloring.

I'm thinking #3 is a Copper Maran.

Still looking up #2.

OK...finally came up with what I think it is. Birchen Maran is my guess.

Here is a site to help out:
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/NDG/Pheas/BRKSilver.html

I'm not that familiar with Marans but I believe the UK stock is more apt to having feathering on their legs while the US stock is supposed to have featherless legs.

Last edited:
Hey KT :

Yea he really does look cool, I think I am going to keep him. A Dorking Huh that sounds cool, K.T. This one came from the Cement sale he was in a batch of wk old Barred Rocks I bought, the batch with almost all BR Roos, lau. So what are you doing peeking around in here, yuuuk yuuuuk some gal showed me how to git a picture on this here machine.hehe.

So how rare are these dorkings?.

AL

Dorkings have white legs and 5 toes, so they do not appear to be dorkings.

Are #2 and #3 purebred?

If so... #2 looks like an Iowa Blue rooster or possibly a birchen Marans and #3 is colored almost like a black copper Marans, but do not know what the leg color is for any of those, just going by coloring alone.

Quote:
Well you win the prize, you know your chickens, I found these pic's of Black copper maran roosters. and the Iowa blue rooster and they are Identical, thanks alot for your help. check these out.
10364_iowa_blue_rooster.jpg

10364_black_copper_maran_rooster_nice_.jpg

Wow thanks for giving the prize to a non-Okie....
tongue.png

Only difference I see between your Copper Maran and the one in the photo is that yours has black coloring in it's legs whereas that one has white/pearl legs.

HOWEVER. Marans legs can vary according to Feathersite's photos.

So you have Marans and you didn't even know it???? LOL Where did you get your chickens!? I need to place an order! HA!!!!
lol.png

I forgot about that 5 toe thing
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom