Name the New Baby Contest - FINAL WEEK 4 SUBMISSIONS - name list pg 12

scbatz33

No Vacancy, Belfry Full
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
South GA
Here's the deal. We need a name for our new baby. He was foaled 3/4/11. He will be registered with The Jockey Club by the end of the summer so we need to have a name picked out.

These are the rules - per TJC registration Rule 6F.......

" The following classes of names are not eligible for use:

* 1. Names consisting of more than 18 letters (spaces and punctuation marks count as letters);
* 2. Names consisting entirely of initials such as C.O.D., F.O.B., etc.;
* 3. Names ending in "filly," "colt," "stud," "mare," "stallion," or any similar horse-related term;
* 4. Names consisting entirely of numbers. Numbers above thirty may be used if they are spelled out;
* 5. Names ending with a numerical designation such as "2nd" or "3rd," whether or not such a designation is spelled out;
* 6. Names of living persons unless written permission to use their name is on file with The Jockey Club;
* 7. Names of persons no longer living unless approval is granted by The Jockey Club based upon a satisfactory written explanation submitted to the Registrar;
* 8. Names of racetracks or graded stakes races;
* 9. Names clearly having commercial, artistic or creative significance;
* 10. Names that are suggestive or have a vulgar or obscene meaning; names considered in poor taste; or names that may be offensive to religious, political or ethnic groups;
* 11. Names that appear to be designed to harass, humiliate or disparage a specific individual, group of individuals or entity;
* 12. Names that are currently active either in racing or breeding (see Rule6(E));
* 13. Names of winners in the past 25 years of grade one stakes races;
* 14. Permanent names. The list of criteria to establish a permanent name is as follows:
o a. Horses in racing's Hall of Fame;
o b. Horses that have been voted Horse of the Year;
o c. Horses that have won an Eclipse Award;
o d. Horses that have won a Sovereign Award (Canadian Champions);
o e. Annual leading sire and broodmare sire by progeny earnings;
o f. Cumulative money winners of $2 million or more;
o g. Horses that have won the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont Stakes, The Jockey Club Gold Cup, the Breeders' Cup Classic or the Breeders' Cup Turf; and
o h. Horses included in the International List of Protected Names.
* 15. Names similar in spelling or pronunciation to the classes of names listed in Rule 6(F) 6 - 14 above. "

We have to submit three names and then The Jockey Club picks which name it will register. I am taking any and all suggestions for naming the colt - provided they comply with rule 6f.

We will take name submissions for the next couple weeks...say until Derby Day, May 7th.

Then all the names will be listed and folks here on BYC will vote. Voting will wrap up the day of the Preakness.

The top three most popular names will be submitted to The Jockey Club. The top three name submissions will receive a $20 gift certificate to the BYC store.

The grand prize being, of course, having your name picked and being put on the registration of this colt.

21675_wisemansferry2011_175.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_246.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_164.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_131.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_072.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_039.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_222.jpg

21675_wisemansferry2011_107.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd like to see some carry through, but if it's cool enough, I'd be willing to divert from the main stream.

Example: Last year's babies....

Songs and Suds - Show Tune X MMSBUFFANDSTUFF, by Quarry (MMSBUFFANDSTUFF is the name of a car wash)

Zens Final Voyage - Wiseman's Ferry X Go On Zen, by Zen ( this was Zenny's last foal)

Last edited:
Quote:
Too many "letters"

"Names consisting of more than 18 letters (spaces and punctuation marks count as letters)"

I've always wanted to name a horse "Sure Shot Dynamite" so I'll put that one out there! I think it's exactly 18 letters. I'll try to think of some others! I always thought it would be a lot of fun to register a name for a horse. We've always gotten ours AFTER they've been registered!

Dancing (or Dancin) Island Cat
or
Cat's IslandNative
or
Native Island Cat
Actually I think Native's sounds better but I couldnt find a could way within the letter limit to make it look cool.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom