Name's ArcticCuddlefish

ArcticCuddlefish

Chirping
Jun 10, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've got quail :D Chickens are on the list down the line, but quail first.

(2) How many quail do you have right now?
I've got 3 roosters and 13 hens, though one rooster is on his way out for hyper aggression.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 2 celadon (one is the jerk), a few pharaoh, a Tibetan, and a small mix of various traits.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I enjoy egg hunting in our ground enclosure, and I like watching them dust bathe. It's the best XD

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm a mycologist for fun and teach people about local edible plants and fungi. I guide mushroom walks for local outdoors groups and and aggressively turning my little yard into a haven of foods. I also play the cello from time to time.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family is all lgbtq+ and consists of me, my spouse, and one child living in the inland northwest. We've got a 15 year old cat my spouse and I got 12 years ago, and she is determined to be absolutely disinterested in the quail, despite obsessing over wild birds. What a good cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found this group researching bumblefoot, and y'all have been great to read through since! With a question I hadn't seen an answer to elsewhere, I needed to join, though it was on my to do list eventually lol

Back
Top Bottom